JANITORIAL CLEANING CREW
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on the Fox River in the heart of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking Janitorial/Cleaning Crew. The organization operates four venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, the 173-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals, which has amassed over 41,000 series subscribers and has the second-largest musical theatre subscription based in the United States. ACCA proudly celebrated the grand opening of its new Paramount School of the Arts on June 1, 2019 in the John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora.
DEPARTMENT – Front of House Operations
DIRECT REPORTING – Janitorial Manager
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Front of House and Operations
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Part-time, hourly; hours vary and include evenings, weekends, and holidays and are event dependent
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY – Maintain and care for: The Paramount School of the Arts, rehearsal spaces and guest artist apartments located at 20 S. Stolp, The Paramount Theatre (PAC) located at 23 E. Galena and RiverEdge Park (REP) located at 360 N. Broadway.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Provide exemplary customer service to all patrons and event attendees
- Ensure cleanliness of bathrooms. Stock bathroom supplies as needed
- Remove garbage from all receptacles
- Sweep, clean, and mop floor surfaces
- Clean backstage areas, including dressing rooms
- Clean various class rooms and dance studios at School of the Arts
- Clean artist apartments in between guest artists
- Ensure cleanliness of all rehearsal spaces
- Perform periodic and special cleaning as requested
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Be able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies
- Adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations
- Report safety or security violations immediately to supervisor
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
- Complete pre-show, show and post-show responsibilities
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES OR WILLINGNESS AND ABILITY TO LEARN –
- Ability to lift/carry 25+ pounds
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays, including overnight hours
- Stamina, good physical condition. Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
- Detail oriented and conscientiousness
- Self-motivated and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application.
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Elliot Samartano, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.